Friday, May 04, 2007

Cherry Blossoms


I was holding out on updating our blog until I had more "news" to share (which would imply something "new" was happening, I would assume)... but, really, there's not much happening at the moment. Hyatt is not home yet (hopefully he won't be gone too much longer, though!), and I'm still home:) Lately I've been wondering about the nesting phase of the pregnancy - mostly just wondering if I will experience it, and how I will know if I am. Maybe the nesting phase only happens with women who have more of a natural tendancy to want their homes spic and span? (Not that I don't want that for my house, but I don't know that I feel the same urge to make it happen on a regular basis as much as other women I know.) I did pull a few weeds out in our front yard yesterday, and try to get our closet a little more organized, but I think that the force driving those actions was just that they needed to be done, and I don't know how much time I'm going to have to take care of them once the baby comes. However, I did not feel a compulsion to complete these tasks. Well, I suppose the nesting phase will remain a mystery to be solved another day.

The one "new" thing here is that the cherry blossoms are in full bloom! For those of you who don't know (which is probably most of you, because I can't think of any reason why you would know), this northern area of Japan is known for the cherry blossoms. I was hoping to experience them in their full glory at the festival in Hirosaki, but it seems that I may have to wait another year for that. So, instead, I ventured out to enjoy them in our own town (I know, what a concept), and in the surrounding area. I have included a few (maybe more than a few) of my favourite pictures from those outings - the small (it's a relative term - I did take a lot of pictures, though, so small in comparison) pool of choices from which I will pick out the "blow up" winner(s) for the baby room.





No comments: