Friday, May 11, 2007

37.5 Weeks and Counting


I suppose that I have to take advantage of this lull before the storm, by updating our blog often now... because in a couple of more weeks, you may not hear from us for a while:) Well, you will probably hear some big news and see some adorable pictures, and then hear silence as we learn to function with a third voice in the house (even if that voice does not yet use coherent words).

All that to say that I am writing a post, when really there is not a whole lot to say:) Another week has gone by, which means only one more until my husband is home!!! And I thought that it would be nice to let you see what I am looking like these days... now that I am 37.5 weeks and counting. As of this moment, (well, this exact moment I have a bum being decidedly pushed out on the right side of my stomach, which is a common occurance these days) Kaiya has dropped a ways (and I now understand why pregnant women waddle, because it definitely is rather uncomfortable having her head so far down) and I have been having "fake" contractions for a couple of weeks. My doctor explained to me that that was what the tightening of the stomach was - but there is nothing to go into labour and delivery for until these tightening moments are also painful. My doula, Laurie, has made a valiant effort to explain what "painful" means in this sense, but it seems that this will have to be one of those things that I hopefully just know when I feel it. I was also a little concerned that my water may break while I was in the pool, and I would not know it. Apparently, though, as my very patient doula also explained to me, it just keeps on leaking... so I would know once I got out of the pool, because I wouldn't stop dripping. All of these interesting things that I never had occasion to know before now.

And as for my question about nesting, I think I have received the answer this week. I spent Wednesday afternoon cooking enough to fill our freezer with meals for when the baby arrives. And Thursday afternoon buying a new vacuum cleaner so our house would be nicely vacuumed, and scotchguard to protect our recliner/rocker chair in the baby room, and a vinyl cover to put on our mattress in case my water breaks while I'm in bed (thanks for the suggestion, Mom!). Well, the list goes on. I think that I'm beginning to feel that "compulsion" to have things prepared.

Well, not many more pregnancy updates to go... and then it will be baby updates! And rather than more pictures of me and my growing middle, there will be pictures of someone much cuter! Stay tuned...

No comments: