Sunday, January 14, 2007

A Day in Hachinohe



First, I have to correct our post from last time - apparently Brian and Ellie took us to Towada, NOT Aomori... so, we have yet to see what is in Aomori. And some of you have been wondering when I am due, and why I'm not showing too much yet. Well, I'm due May 28, and I am starting to show, but you still have to see me in a more fitted shirt in order to be able to tell. And, since we are in cold Japan, and wearing big sweaters and puffy jackets, that means that most people still can't tell from just looking.

Now, to tell you about yesterday's adventure! We went with the Schulz's to the closest city to Misawa, which is approximately half and hour away from here (maybe slightly less using the toll road to get there, and more when you do not use the toll road). The name of the city is Hachinohe, and this was my first experience in a Japanese mall (where I purchased a cute babydoll dress that I wore to church this morning, and Hyatt says I look like one of the locals now). We also drove by the seashore here, and it was incredibly beautiful. It reminded Hyatt and I both of Monterey, except for the snow.

No comments: